Brou-sur-Chantereine Chelles Courtry Vaires-sur-Marne
First mentioned in 1205, the village of Brou consisted of three hamlets : the hamlet of Brou in the north of the community, the hamlet of Villeneuve aux Anes in the south on the road from Chelles to Lagny, and the hamlet of Forest in the northeast not far from the Château.
The first inhabitants of Chelles settled on the banks of the Marne 300,000 years ago. They were nomads who lived by hunting, fishing and gathering.
A commune of 6,000 in the northeast part of Seine-et-Marne department, it is situated in Torcy arrondissement in Claye-Souilly canton.
In 1908, the commune of Vaires split into two villages, Grand-Vaires with its church and Petit-Vaires with its town hall and school with 316 inhabitants. They were two kilometres apart.